The Philippine Social Science Council (PSSC) and the Philippine Migration Research Network (PMRN) jointly organize fora, conferences, and roundtable discussions that tackle and bring to fore relevant issues in local and international migration. In 2019, they launched the Migration Dialogues, an annual forum that brings together scholars and stakeholders from the academe, government, civil society, the migrant sector, and other relevant sectors to produce lively discussions that can lead to a better understanding of and informed decision-making on migration-related issues and challenges.
In 2020, PSSC and PMRN’s Migration Dialogues turned digital, reaching even more stakeholders worldwide through a series of webinars. Watch them below:
- Overseas Filipinos and the Pandemic (20 April 2020)
- Filipinos in the U.K. and COVID-19 (13 May 2020)
- The State of Filipino Seafarers and COVID-19 (25 May 2020)
- Babalik Ka Rin? Challenges of Return and Reintegration Amidst COVID-19 (16 June 2020)
- Quo Vadis, ASEAN? The Future of International Migration in ASEAN Amidst COVID-19 (23 July 2020)
- Migrants in the Frontlines: The State of Filipino Health Care Workers in the United States (20 August 2020)
Aside from live viewers, the recordings of these webinars have garnered views ranging from around 1,500 to almost 4,000. Live and non-live viewers came from various places in the Philippines, as well as from other countries, including Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, China, Japan, the United Kingdom, and the United States.