The Philippine Social Science Council (PSSC) is looking for individuals who can perform the following functions:
- Collect and utilize primary data and secondary data through key informant interview, focus group discussions and survey of stakeholders
- Assist the Project Leader in the conduct of estimation on the economic contribution of the coal mining operations to the local/host communities particularly livelihood opportunities created, employment and local revenue generated using the above-mentioned data
- Ensure presence and documentation of project meetings and presentations
- Prepare review of related literature and baseline context of the project site
- Provide inputs in the finalization of the economic survey instruments
- Provide support in field work preparations and implementation
- Encode and prepare tables and graphs, maps
- Prepare the powerpoint and other data visualization requirements of the project
- Assist in writing the draft, and help finalize and ensure submission of the Main Report
- Ensure database management and veracity of qualitative and quantitative statements for the project site
- Provide regular update on the progress of project activities
- Comply with the cash advance and liquidation requirements and procedures of PSSC and the funder
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned by the Project Leader/PSSC
- Perform back jobs to satisfy all project reports if found inadequate without additional cost to PSSC
- Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Ability to conduct thorough needs assessments to gauge training needs.
- Strong desktop and in-person research, presentation, and reporting skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office programs
- Able to work well in a multi-task environment, independently and with a team
- Other personal qualities
- Training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Statistics, Human Ecology, or other social science discipline
- At least one-year research work experience in a social science profession
Interested applicants may send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please address applications to:
Wilson Comia Villones
Head, Program Development and Management Section
Philippine Social Science Council
Deadline for applications is on February 20, 2022.
Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to respond to successful applicants.